Monday, December 15, 2008

I was moved and I hope you are too!!!!!!!

A friend of mine wrote this beautiful piece about intrigue and I was moved by it becuse at its essence what he's saying is that we have to take the time to honor the million little things that make up the people in our lives. I think it's a brilliant point because its thoes things thoes qulities people offer to shae with us and thoes moments we share being affected by them that are the blessings God is bringing to our lives, so by not taking the time to honor them we are effectually blocking them. Please take a moment to read this and to let it youch you the way it did me and hopefully you are able to remember to honor your loved ones and yourself cus God knows its way to easy to forget!!!!!

Intrigue

By Rondell Clarkson

See…I love y'all. I do. I really, really do. I love to see you. I love to watch you. I love to listen to you-hold on, let me clarify. I love to listen to your insights, to listen to your feelings. You give everything-not just to me but in general. You always seem to lose sight of yourself-even when you don't realize it. Your hopes, dreams, and fears are always the same thing. Meaning, no thought is simple, it has sides, angles, posi-negs attached.

Wait, I'm tripping. Let's start at the beginning. Not the "beginning" but the beginning for me. I am admittedly and even notoriously shallow, so the curve of your cheeks, the shape of your lips, the glimmer of your eyes, the style of your hair, the shape of your chin and nose are huge. They grab me. Your neck holds me and pulls my vision down to neat shoulders, precious collarbones, and smooth, kissable upper chest area. The v of your cleavage like an arrow pointing down pulls my gaze to your…round, firm, soft, high, low, long-from 32A to 44DD doesn't matter as long as they are well-kept and neat.

The tummy, the waist, flat, pudgy, voluptuous-it's all good. You know how to show what you want and take attention away from it as well it's called style, grace…smooth. More important is that the hips which follow force the sides of the waist to curve out. I don't need an hourglass; I'll take a bottle of Hennessey. Proportion outdoes all the "t&a" anyone can be blessed with.

Thighs built to wrap around my waist or ears and made to withstand any and all punishment that I can and will put upon them. Calves, rock hard, shapely, defined…making me want to watch you dance.

The feet? Well, y'all saw "Boomerang", right? HAHAHA

But next comes the talking and listening. You never listen as much as you talk. And, of course, you bore me to death if your topics of conversation are always carry-overs from talk shows and magazines-especially about "pop-culture". I just know that there is so much more to you-I see it and so I seek it. Stimulate me with the "real you", the "you" underneath you, the pure side.

I love when you tell me about past relationships-with men or family and friends. You see, when you talk about things that have affected your feelings or your outlook on life, your become passionate, defensive, vulnerable…real. Your love is as potent as your pain. The good days equal the bad-that is what makes you so…you.

Now, since I am selfish, I'll talk about the other parts. You know, how your smile can bring out the sun. Also, how your frown can put me into a bottomless pit. Yeah, you can lift me up, motivate me…and just as easily pull me down and introvert me. The perfect analogy is a sexual one. You touch me, tease me, and get me rock hard, testosterone over the limit, pulsing, pounding, and adrenaline off the charts. Then, when you deem it necessary, you pull it all out of me, leaving me flaccid and weakened…and then you have the magic/power to get me right back up again—amazing.

You want to teach me how to love-to love like you do. I don't listen because I cannot. What distinguishes you from me is that you can love the way you do-hard, fast, unrelenting, unashamed, forceful, vengeful, spiritual…unconditional. I am not capable of love the way that you love. My attributes and gifts do not generally foster things like unconditional love. Do not misunderstand, for I want to love you the same way-you are more than deserving of that little bit. And, I will try…I will give everything that I can, but I will never be enough. My love will never match yours.

You are mother. Every aspect of your is compassion and nurturing. How easily do my eyes adjust to you? How easily do my ears recognize you? How easily you can get me to respond to you? Do you not realize that if I were capable of having this effect on you, that I too would have a womb?

We are capable of very different things; things that we desire but do not possess. I think this is why we are "attracted" to each other. Attraction is just the desire to possess what we are not capable of. By myself, I cannot walk into a room and have all eyes turn to me, love me and/or hate me just because of how I look. But I can open the door for you and let you step into the room before me. The eyes will turn to you and through you I will, too, feel those eyes, as you can become an extension of me and I of you.

Like I said in the beginning…I love you. There is so much to you…so much about you…so much around you.

Please, do not be offended if I cannot help but stare. Intrigue was a word made up for what is going on within me while I stare—I cannot explain it. There is just…"something"…that makes me stare. Other men understand. We cannot express what it is in words, so we say…we are intrigued. Know that you are beautiful, awesome and all other positive, and even most negative adjectives. You are so much all at once. You are…woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment